Welcome! --- Proceed to login.
- If you are just visiting this site, enter 'visitor' to proceed.
- If you currently enroll as one of the students of Advanced Seminar, use your Student ID.
Note2: We use the following conventions interchangebly.
- Vector notations:---there are several variations from textbooks to textbooks.:
- in bold face ---mainly in textbooks
- with arrow on the top ---convenient in handwriting
- by angled bracket ---bra(c)ket notations are extensively used in Quantum Mechanics
- with underbar ---in old days' typewriters since they were unable to produce an arrow
- Names for the two types of products:
- inner product ---from the geometrical interpretation
- dot product -----from the dot notation
- scalar product ---from the resultant property
- outer product -----from the geometrical interpretation
- cross product -----from the cross notation
- vector product ----from the resultnat property